The romantic language, rich heritage, and beautiful architecture that the Spanish Culture has provided us are also accompanied by delicious, healthy foods. We are all very busy and trying to prepare a healthy meal is often challenging. Our kids keep us very busy – sports, homework, our careers, and
many other factors make
meal preparation time very challenging. Here is a recipe for Spanish Chicken that you and your family can enjoy – Spanish chicken and chorizo.
First, let’s start with the ingredients required:
· plain flour, for dusting
· 1 chicken, jointed
· 4 tbsp olive oil
· 2 chorizo sausages, cut into 2cm long pieces
· 2 medium onions, chopped
· 8 cloves garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
· 2 red peppers, finely diced
· 2 green peppers, finely diced
· 2 yellow peppers, finely diced
· 2 sprigs thyme
· 2 bay leaves
· 1 heaped tsp smoked paprika
· 1 X 440g can chopped tomatoes
Now for the preparation:
1. Season a little plain flour with salt and pepper and dust the chicken in
2. Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan and fry the chorizo until brown.
3. Remove the chorizo from the pan and fry the chicken for about 10 minutes.
4. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
5. Add onions, garlic and peppers to the pan and cook gently until soft.
6. Stir in bay leaves, thyme and paprika and fry for about 1 minute.
7. Add the chopped tomatoes. Bring to a simmer and cook until the chicken is cooked through.
8. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Many families struggle with putting together a healthy meal with limited time. To help make it work, prepare your menu on the weekend allowing you the time to reflect and plan accordingly. Looking at your schedule you can determine how much time you have on the various evenings, allowing you to plan appropriately. Join us for our recipe competition on Facebook to find other great recipes for you and your family. Learn more about Spanish for kids at Tap Peques.